At Precision Punch & Plastics, we carry several types of punches and pin, including QB style and Bevel Head style pins, along with ejector pins.
QB Style Core Pins / Perforators
Stock in 0.001″ increments from 0.007″ diameter to 0.250″ diameter and most sizes up to 0.500″ diameter. Diameter up to 1″ by custom quote. Check out our online shopping option for common sizes!
Stock four place decimals in common fractions.
Send us your print! We will quote your custom pin.
Tight tolerance punch used by, tool, die and mold makers.
Core Pin Specifications and Variables
- Highly polished finish 6-8 micro finish.
- Precision form ground to close diameter tolerance +.0002/-.000, +.0003/-.0000 for diameter greater than .375″.
- Common sizes stocked up to 3 1/2″ long, custom up to 12″ long.
- M-2 high speed steel 60-63 Rockwell C.
- Custom sizes can be made to order up to 1″ diameter.
- Custom hardness RC 64-65 and triple drawn available on request.
- Stocking 440C stainless steel RC 56-58 QB Pins in most sizes.
Click Here for QB Core Pin Size Table
Bevel Head Punches (Economy Pins)
Economical, punch used by tool, die and mold manufacturing.
Can be used as perforators, punches, knock-out pins, gauge pins, ejector and core pins.
Bevel Head (BH) style punches in stock in .001″ increments from
.020″ diameter to .750″ diameter.
Bevel Head Punch Specifications & Variables
- Standard material is oil hardened O-1 tool steel 58-60 Rockwell C.
- Also available in M-2 high speed steel 60-63 Rockwell C. Punch heads are annealed.
- “P” is available in .001″ increments from .020″ through .750″ with “P” tolerance +/-.0003″ (up to 3/8″ below the head).
- Larger “P” than .750″ can be made to order
- “L” is available in 2″ lengths, or in fractional diameters in
- 4″ and 6″ lengths. Special lengths can be made to order.
- Tolerance of overall length is +1/32/-0.0
- “T” (head thickness) is .7 x “P”. 5/32″ maximum head thickness (“T”) on all punches greater than .225″ diameter.
- “D” Head diameter is 1.8 x “P”.